Friday, February 17, 2017

Just checking in on YA!




I know it has been a little quiet on my front the past 10 days. You might be wondering if  my real name is Benjamin Sanchez, and that I am hiding from immigration. The good news is that isn't the case. The not so good news is that I have been a little nicked up the past week. 

It started a few Tuesdays ago where we were having a “just a smidge above freezing rain” storm. I was supposed to do these very hard two minute runs; and let me be the first to tell you they were hard. Just ask my teammate who was with me as she kept asking me why I so out of breath. Well the answer was that I was out of breath because I was running all out in a rainstorm carrying five pounds of soaked clothing. On the 5th rep I felt a pull on my hamstring, and that’s when the workout pretty much ended for me. I got the diagnosis that it was swollen, and icing it a few days would be the remedy.

Thankfully as I write this, I feel pretty much recovered. But as a runner, one of the absolute worst things that can happen is getting injured. Sustaining an injury can be anything from a minor speed-bump, to driving right off a cliff. Hopefully, this was just minor speed bump on the road to Boston. 

I should have another post coming next week recapping the super steamy half marathon I am doing this Sunday morning. Even though the race starts at 6 AM, the current forecast calls for a temperature of 70 degrees, with a dew point temperature of about 68 degrees. To put that in context for my fellow Yankees, the dew point might reach that high in the capital region 14 days during an entire year, sometimes a lot less than that. And yes, I will bring a towel with me to the race in case you were wondering. Good bye from sunny Florida!


No comments:

Post a Comment